Tiếng Anh How To Recognize The Difference Between Allude And Elude

Thảo luận trong 'Ngoại Ngữ' bắt đầu bởi Nguyen_Thanh_Luan, 12 Tháng tám 2018.

1. Nguyen_Thanh_Luan

Bài viết:
    Lời ngỏ của tác giả: Bởi vì được sử dụng cho mục đích học tiếng Anh, vì vậy phần lớn văn bản của Ken sẽ được trình bày bằng Anh ngữ.

Allude - Elude

Allude is always followed by the preposition to.

When you allude to someone or something, you refer to them or mention them, especially in a brief or indirect way.

Ex:

- She said something about a local celebrity. Who do you think she was alluding to?

- I was alluding to the poem by Shakespeare that begins "Shall i compare these to a summer's day?"

Elude, on the other hand, is a rather formal word meaning to "escape" or "avoid". When you elude someone, you succeed in not being caught by them. Elude is often used figuratively as well. If you say that something such as a person's name eludes you, you are unable to remember it.

Ex:

- They eluded their pursuers by disguising themselves as clowns and joining the parade.

- I can recite most of the poem, but the very last line eludes me, i'm afraid.

PS: Các chủ đề từ nay của ken sẽ là sự khác biệt giữa những từ có nghĩa dễ gây nhầm lẫn trong việc sử dụng.

Nguyễn Nguyễn thích bài này.
    Last edited by a moderator: 28 Tháng hai 2021
  2. Đăng ký Binance
Trả lời qua Facebook
Đang tải...