Tiếng Anh Học từ vựng Tiếng Anh theo chủ đề Family

Thảo luận trong 'Ngoại Ngữ' bắt đầu bởi Trâm NTT, 17 Tháng hai 2022.

1. Trâm NTT

Bài viết:
    FAMILY

1. VOCABULARY (RELATIVES)

stepmother / stepfather: mẹ kế/ cha dượng

godmother / godfather: mẹ đỡ đầu/ cha đỡ đầu

mother-in-law / father-in-law / sister-in-law /: mẹ vợ, mẹ chồng / ba vợ, ba chồng / chị dâu, chị rể/..

spouse: vợ chồng

single mom/ single dad: mẹ đơn thân/ cha đơn thân

ex-wife / ex-husband: vợ cũ / chồng cũ

half-brother / half-sister: anh em cùng cha (mẹ) khác mẹ (cha) / chị em cùng cha (mẹ) khác mẹ (cha)

twin: sinh đôi

triplet: sinh ba

sibling: anh/ chị/ em ruột

nanny: bảo mẫu, vú nuôi

2. VOCABULARY (FAMILY PLOBEMS)

infidelity = the act of not being faithful to your wife, husband or partner, by having sex with somebody else: Sự không chung thủy (ngoại tÌnh)

separation = a period of time that people spend apart from each other: Ly thân

divorce = the legal ending of a marriage: Ly hôn

abuse = unfair, cruel or violent treatment of somebody: Bạo hành gia đình

neglect = the fact of not giving enough care or attention to something/somebody: Sự thờ ơ của cha mẹ đối với con cái

financial problems: Các vấn đề tài chính

lack of communication: Thiếu giao tiếp giữ vợ - chồng, cha mẹ - con cái

3. PHRASAL VERBS

to have a laugh together: cười cùng nhau

to spend quality time with your family: dành khoảng thời gian chất lượng cùng gia đình

to get on well with each other: hòa thuận với nhau

to look up to my father: noi gương cha tôi

to put your family first: đặt gia đình của bạn lên trên hết

to set a good example: nêu gương tốt

to balance your work and home life: cân bằng giữa công việc và cuộc sống gia đình

to read someone like an open book: hiểu rất rõ ai đó

to get married: cưới..

a loving and caring family: một gia đình tràn đầy yêu thương và sự quan tâm

to hang out together: cùng nhau đi chơi

to make a living: kiếm sống

4. IDIOMS

your own fresh and blood = a person or people that you are related to: máu mủ

to fight like cat and dog = often have angry fights: cãi nhau như chó với mèo

there's little/no love lost between them = they don't like each other: không còn chút tính cảm nào

close ranks = If people close ranks, they join together to protect themselves, especially when they are criticised: Sát cánh

turn on somebody = attack somebody suddenly and unexpectedly: tấn công ai đó

(as) miserable as sin = used to emphasize that somebody is very unhappy: khốn khổ

account for something = be the explanation or cause of something: giải thích điều gì

take somebody for granted = be so accustomed to somebody that you don't appreciate them: không trân trọng..

blood is thicker than water = relationships and loyalties within a family are the strongest and most important ones: Một giọt máu đào hơn ao nước lã

like father, like son = used for saying that a man or boy has the same attitudes as his father or behaves in the same way: cha nào con nấy

run in the family = if a quality, ability, disease, etc. Runs in the family, many members of the family have it: di truyền

the black sheep of the family = a person who has done something bad that brings embarrassment or shame to his or her family: thành viên cá biệt trong gia đình

5. EXAMPLES

• Child emotional abuse is linked to poor mental development and difficulty making and keeping strong relationships. (Source: Healthline)

Bạo hành trẻ em về mặt tâm lý dẫn tới sự phát triển trí tuệ kém và những khó khăn trong việ tạo dựng và giữ mối quan hệ bền chặt.

• No matter how tall I grow I will always look up to my father (-unknown-)

Dù có lớn đến đâu, cha vẫn luôn là người tôi kính trọng (muốn noi gương theo)

• When you get into trouble, usually your family will be the ones to bail you out, not your friends. After all, blood is thicker than water . Source: theidioms.com

Khi bạn gặp khó khăn, thông thường gia đình sẽ là người đứng ra cứu giúp bạn chứ không phải bạn bè của bạn. Rốt cuộc, một giọt máu đào hơn ao nước lã.

• I have always been the black sheep of my family . Everyone else has responsible jobs while I have chosen to be an artist. Source: theidioms.com

Tôi luôn là thành viên cá biệt trong gia đình. Mọi người đều có "những công việc có trách nhiệm" trong khi tôi lại chọn trở thành một nghệ sĩ.

• I always believe in the saying "like father like son", and I know this little baby will grow up to be just as handsome and talented as his daddy. Source: theidioms.com

Tôi luôn tin vào câu nói "cha nào con nấy", và tôi biết đứa bé này lớn lên sẽ đẹp trai và tài giỏi như cha của cậu ấy.

VÀO LINK NÀY ĐỂ HỌC THÊM NHIỀU CHỦ ĐỀ HAY NHÉ!

=> Tiếng Anh - [Tổng Hợp] Học Từ Vựng Tiếng Anh Theo Chủ Đề Đầy Đủ Nhất - Việt Nam Overnight

Sương sớmmùa Thu thích bài này.
    Chỉnh sửa cuối: 18 Tháng hai 2022
  2. Đăng ký Binance
Trả lời qua Facebook
Đang tải...