Tiếng Anh Đề Thi Học Sinh Giỏi Anh 11 Tỉnh Hà Nam Năm 2017 - 2018 Có Link Tải File Nghe

Thảo luận trong 'Ngoại Ngữ' bắt đầu bởi Bảo Ngọc Khánh Linh, 8 Tháng mười hai 2018.

1. SECTION A- LISTENING (20 points)

Part I. (8, 0 marks)

Question 1 – 4.

Complete the table below as you listen.

Write either A NUMBER or NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS to fill in each answer.

BACKHAM 'S SHIPPING AGENCY

Customer quotation form

Example Answer

Country of destination: Kenya..

· Customer name:

Jacob (1)..

· Address to be collected from:

Westall college, Downlands Rd

· Town

Bristol

· Post code:

(2)..

· Size of container:

Height: 0, 5 m.. ..

Length: 1, 5 m..

Width :(3 )..

·Contents: Clothes, books, toys

· Total estimated value :(4) £..

Your answer:

1. .. 2. .. 3. .. 4. ..

Part II. (12 marks)

Question 5 – 10

Circle the letter A – C. Then write the answer in the given space below

Example:

The correspondence is

A . 20- 30 years old

B . 34- 54 yeas old

C . Over 54 years old

5. The respondent work in..

A . The professions

B . Business

C . Other

8. The respondent mainly watches TV..

A . In the early morning, and at night

B . Around midday, and after work at office

C . In the afternoon, and in the afternoon.

6. The respondent has a salary of..

A . 0 - £ 15, 000 a year.

B . £ 15, 000 - £ 35, 000 a year

C . Over £35, 000 a year

9. 10. The correspondent would advise the new channel to..

A. spend more money on drama, and train their broadcasters to higher standards

B . Have more sound effect, and broadcast interviews with famous people

C . Improve sound quality, and talk more to customers.

7. Every day the correspondent watches TV..

A . 30 minutes – 1 hour

B . 1 hour – 2 hours

C . More than 2 hours

10. The respondent feels that advertisements should occur every..

A . 10 minutes

B . 15 minutes

C . 20 minutes

SECTION B – PHONETICS (10 points)

Part I. Choose the word whoseunderlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below. (05 points)

1 . A . Acqua intance B . Ca pable C . Purcha se D . a ncient

2 . A . Tens ion B . Televis ion C . Leis ure D . Decis ion

3 . A . Exc ept B . Apprec iate C . Bas ically D . c eiling

4 . A . Star vation B . Par ticipate C . Par ticular D . ar ticulate

5 . A. impe rial B . Fe stival C . e lephant D . e mperor

Your answer:

Part II. Choose the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions . Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below. (05 points)

6. A . Perform B . Bother C . Colour D . Edit

7. A . Attitude B . Absentee C . Regular D . Politics

8. A . Universal B . Ceremony C . Literature D . Temperature

9. A . Consolidate B . Miraculous C . Infamously D . Originally

10. A . Experiment B . Advisable C . Significant D . Preferable

Your answer:

SECTION C – VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR (80 points)

Part I. Choose the best aanswer to finish each of the following questions by choosing the letter A, B, C, or D. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below. (20 points)

1. The lights and the projector _______________. All the students are ready for your lecture now.

A . Were turned B. have turned C. have been turned D . Will be turned

2. Mr. Brown, whose house was __________last night, has reported the case to the local police.

A . Run into B . Broken into C . Got into D . Climbed into

3. The judge ___________the pedestrian for causing the accident.

A . Accused B . Charged C . Criticized D . Blamed

4. The Vietnamese government decided to carry out a campaign to eradicate illiteracy.

A . Eliminate B . Delete C. destroy D . Rub out

5. _____________that he took part in an armed robbery.

A . It is said B. People are said C . He is said D. It says

6. _________the heavy rain, the garden party would have been a great success.

A . Rather than B . Except for C . But for D . On account of

7. There were 50 scientists attending the conference, _________expressed their serious concern with global warming.

A . Most of them B. of whom mostly C. most of whom D . Who' s mostly

8. He must have been very furious when he __________sight of you reading his diary.

A . Took B . Saw C . Got D . Caught

9 . Their golden wedding anniversary marked an important _______in their happy marriage.

A . Landmark B . Pinpoint C . Milestone D . Turning

10. Excuse me but do you have much money _________your person? I am totally broke now.

A . In B. on C . With D . For

11. The _________at the stadium jumped up cheerfully when the home team scored the second goal.

A . Viewers B . Spectators C . Witnesses D . Onlookers

12 . It was _______awful weather that all the flights in and out Heathrow airport must be cancelled.

A. such B . Such an C. so D . Such a

13 . __________in 1607, Jamestown in Virginia was the first settlement in the New World.

A . It was initially founded B . Being initially founded

C. Having initially been founded D . Initially founded

14 . Of course, he loves you. It is as plain as ____________

A . A pancake B . The knob on your door

C . The nose on your face D . The door bell

15 . I do really like your chick soup. Can I show me the __________?

A . Recipe B . Ingredient C . Prescription D . Cookery

16 . We were very sorry when we knew that the man has _______ his wife. They used to be happy.

A . Fallen out with B . Broken off with C . Fallen apart from D . Got away with

17 . Scientists are trying to find out a kind of corn which can be _________of severe weather in this northmost region.

A. tolerable B . Tolerant C . Tolerated D . Tolerating

18 . He said there was nothing that happened, but I began to _________when he kept beating about the bush.

A. get cold feet B. smell a rat C. keep an eye on D. be off my head

19 . My father gave me __________ as a birthday present on my birthday.

A. a digital useful alarm clock B. an alarm useful digital clock

C. a useful alarm digital clock D. a useful digital alarm clock

20: His proposal to build a new ring road around the city with a view to avoiding traffic congestion has __________a lot of opposition.

A .come in for B .come up against C .come up with D .come down with

Part II. Give the correct form of the verbs to finish the following sentences. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below. (20 points)

1. It is urgent that the financial report (type ) ____________ right now.

2. It is good news that he criminal who escaped from the prison two days ago (catch ) ________back.

3. I 'd rather you (not be ) _____________absent from the class yesterday.

4. (Bite ) _________twice, the little boy refused to come near that aggressive dog again.

5. He was the third American president (assassinate ) ___________

6. He pretended (forget ) ___________the man' s name.

7. If he (listen ) ___________to my advice, he would be still working here now.

8. Sorry but you can use neither of the elevators. They both (notwork ) ___________

9. On their next wedding anniversary, Doris and Fred (marry ) _____________for 40 years.

10. Trade has gone from bad to worse and employees (lay ) ___________off now.

Your answer:

Part III. Give the correct form of the words to finish the sentences bellow. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below. (20 points)

1 . All the players of the Vietnam U23 football team played with great ENTHUSIATIC ______

2 . Due to his HONEST __________the boy was punished by the teacher.

3 . One of the primary causes of environmental pollution is FOREST ____________

4 . My grandmother lives in such a beautiful RESIDE _________area in Ha Nam.

5 . He was COURAGE _________when he found that he had failed the exam again.

6. Many animals are driven to the verge of extinction due to HABIT ________destruction.

7. What a (n) CREDIT _________thing. I have passed the exam with three As

8. The government 's new policy received WIDE __________ opposition from all over the country

9 . Remember that this problem is CONFIDE __________. Don' t discuss it outside.

10. The discovery of the penicillin was really a BREAK ________ in medical treatment.

Your answer:

Part IV. Find one word to fill in each blank to finish the sentences below. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below. (10 points)

1 . Solar energy, wind power can be a good clean source of ___________energy.

2 . My brother doesn 't like this kind of sport and I don' t, ____________.

3 . I promise not to disturb you. I will just sit in here and I will be as quite as a ______________

4 . Please try _________these shoes before you buy them because you cannot return them.

5 . __________a tear did she shed when the film ended in tragedy.

6. Everyone over 18 can join this club, _______of their gender, race and political background.

7 . His handwriting was so bad that I couldn 't make ____________what he meant.

8 . Excuse me but I am ___________no obligation to explain this matter to you.

9 . If you have any complaint, then tell me _______my face. I cannot stand people who do things behind my back.

10 . I told you that after a few weeks, Jane will get fed up with horse riding. Her hobby is just a flash in the _________________

Your answer:

PART V. Thepassagebelowcontains10 mistakes. IDENTIFYandCORRECTthese ten mistakes. Write your answer on the number blanks given below. (10points)

People commonly complain they never have time enough to accomplish tasks. The hours and minutes seem slipping away before many planned chores get done. According to time management experts, the main reason of this is that most people fail to set priorities about how to do first. They get tied down of trivial, time-consuming matters and never complete the important ones.

One simple solution often used by those at the top is to keep lists of task being accomplished daily. These lists order jobs from most essential to least essential and checked regularly through the day to assess progress. Not only this is an effective way to manage time, but also it serves giving individuals a much –deserved sense of satisfaction over their achievements. People do not keep lists often face the end of the work day with uncertainty over the significance of their accomplishment, which overtime can contribute with serious problem in mental and physical health.

Example: mistake: Time enough àCorrection: Enough time

Youranswers:

Mistakes

Correction

SECTION – READING COMPREHENSION (40 points)

Part I. Read the passage and find ONE suitable word to fill in each blank to finish the passage. Write your answer on the numbered blanksgivenbelow. (20 points)

ANIMAL IMPRINTING

Imprinting is a learning mechanism which occurs early in the life of certain animals. It is through this process that they develop a positive attachment to members (1 ) _______ their own species. No sooner do young birds hatch (2 ) ________ they must learn to recognize their mother in order to be able to follow and keep close to her (3 ) ________ their safety. (4 ) __________ this process goes wrong, newly – hatched chicks (5 ) _________ the risk of being lost, and may come to harm. Given that they possess a high level of mobility, it would be difficult for the mother to keep the chicks together without the assistance of imprinting. The process can (6 ) ________ literally a matter of minutes. The first large moving object the chicks see (7 ) _________ automatically become "mother". In normal circumstances, of course, it really is their mother, but under experimental condition, it can be almost (8 ) __________. For instance, if the moving object happens to be an orange balloon on a piece of string, then the balloon becomes "mother". (9 ) _______ powerful is this imprinting process that even after a few days, and (10 ) ________ presence of the real mother, the chicks will choose the balloon.

Your answer:

Part II. Read the following passage and decide which option A, B, C, or D best fits each space. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below. (10 points)

The ability to weep is a uniquely human form of emotional response. Some scientists have (1 ) ______ that human tears are of an evidence aquatic past - but this does not seem very likely. We cry from the moment we enter this world, for a number of reasons. Helpless babies cry to persuade their parents that they are ill, hungry or uncomfortable. As they develop, they will also cry just to (2 ) _____ parental attention and will often stop when they get it.

The idea that having a good cry can (3 ) ______ you good is a very old one and now it has scientific validity (4 ) _______ recent research into tears has shown that they contain a natural painkiller known as enkaphalin. By fighting sorrow and pain this chemical helps you feel better. Weeping can increase the quantities of enkaphalin you (5 ) ____. Unfortunately, in our society we impose restrictions (6 ) _______ this naturally healing activity. Because some people still (7 ) _______ it as a sign of weakness in men, boys in particular are admonished when they cry. This kind of repression can only increase stress, both emotionally and physically. Tears of emotion also help rid the body itself of toxic chemical waste, for there is (8 ) ______ protein in them than in tears (9 ) ______ from cold winds or other irritants. Crying comforts, calms and can be very enjoyable –consider the popularity of highly emotional films which are commonly (10 ) ________ "weepies". It seems that people enjoy crying together almost as much as laughing together.

A . Estimated

B . Assessed

C . Suggested

D . Discovered

A. attract

B . Have

C . Exempt

D . Gain

A . Make

B . Do

C . Help

D . Cause

A . Since

B . Although

C . While

D . Until

A . Construct

B . Achieve

C . Provide

D . Produce

A . For

B . To

C . Upon

D . With

A . Analyse

B. define

C . Consider

D . Regard

A . By far

B. far more

C . Fewer

D . Much less

A . Resulting

B . Borrowing

C . Refraining

D . Keeping

A . Named

B . Called

C . Titled

D . Entitled

Your answer:

Part III. Read the following passage and decide which option A, B, C, or D best fits each space. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below. (10 points)

During the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, almost nothing was written about the contributions of women during the colonial period and the early history of the newly formedUnited States. Lacking the right to vote and absent from the seats of power, women were not considered an important force in history. Anne Bradstreet wrote some significant poetry in the seventeenth century, Mercy Otis Warren produced the best contemporary history of the American Revolution, and Abigail Adams penned important letters showing she exercised great political influence over her husband, John, the second President of the United States. But little or no notice was taken of these contributions. During these centuries, women remained invisible in history books.

Throughout the nineteenth century, this lack of visibility continued, despite the efforts of female authors writing about women. These writers, like most of their male counterparts, were amateur historians. Their writings were celebratory in nature, and they were uncritical in their selection and use of sources.

During the nineteenth century, however, certain feminists showed a keen sense of history by keeping records of activities in which women were engaged. National, regional, and local women' s organizations compiled accounts of their doings. Personal correspondence, newspaper clippings, and souvenirs were saved and stored. These sources from the core of the two greatest collections of women 's history in the United States one at the Elizabeth and Arthur Schlesinger Library at Radcliffe College, and the other the Sophia Smith Collection at Smith College. Such sources have provided valuable materials for later Generations of historians.

Despite the gathering of more information about ordinary women during the nineteenth Century, most of the writing about women conformed to the "great women" theory of History, just as much of mainstream American history concentrated on "great men." To demonstrate that women were making significant contributions to American life, female authors singled out women leaders and wrote biographies, or else important women produced their autobiographies. Most of these leaders were involved in public life as reformers, activists working for women' s right to vote, or authors, and were not representative at all of the great of ordinary woman. The lives of ordinary people continued, generally, to be untold in the American histories being published.

1: What does the passage mainly discuss?

A. The role of literature in early American histories

B. The place of American women in written histories

C. The keen sense of history shown by American women

D. The "great women" approach to history used by American historians

2: The word "contemporary" in the 1st paragraph means that the history was

A. informative B. thoughtfulC. written at that time D. faultfinding

3: In the first paragraph, Bradstreet, Warren, and Adams are mentioned to show that ________

A. a woman 's status was changed by marriage

B. even the contributions of outstanding women were ignored

C. only three women were able to get their writing published

D. poetry produced by women was more readily accepted than other writing by women

4: The word "celebratory" in the 2nd paragraph means that the writings referred to ________

A. related to parties B. religious C. serious D. full of praise

5: The word "they" in the 2nd paragraph refers to________

A. efforts B. authors C. counterparts D. sources

6: In the 2nd paragraph, what weakness in nineteenth-century histories does the author point out?

A. They put too much emphasis on daily activities

B. They left out discussion of the influence of money on politics.

C. The sources of the information they were based on were not necessarily accurate.

D. They were printed on poor-quality paper.

7: On the basis of information in the third paragraph, which of the following would most likely have been collected by nineteenth-century feminist organizations?

A. Newspaper accounts of presidential election results

B. Biographies of John Adams

C. Letters from a mother to a daughter advising her how to handle a family problem

D. Books about famous graduates of the country' s first college

8: What use was made of the nineteenth-century women 's history materials in the Schlesinger Library and the Sophia Smith Collection?

A. They were combined and published in a multivolume encyclopedia

B. They formed the basis of college courses in the nineteenth century.

C. They provided valuable information for twentieth- century historical researchers.

D. They were shared among women' s colleges throughout the United States.

9: In the last paragraph, the author mentions all of the following as possible roles of nineteenth-century "great women" EXCEPT ________

A. authors B. reformers C. activists for women 's rights D. politicians

10: The word "representative" in the last paragraph is closest in meaning to _________

A. typical B. satisfied C. supportive D. distinctive

SECTION E. WRITING (50 points)

Part I. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. (10 points)

1. He was sorry he didn' t kiss her good bye when she left for New York.

He regretted..

2. "If you don 't leave me alone I will call the police" said the old woman to the thief.

The old woman..

3 . Marry didn' t realize how serious her operation was.

Little..

4. When the president was asked about the strike, he declined to comment.

On..

5. They were seasonal travellers, which we had not expected them to be.

Contrary..

Part II. Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it means exactly the same as the given one. Using the given word at the end of the sentence. Do not change the word. (10 points)

1. All the students rushed up to the notice board as soon as the exam results were put up. (HARDLY )

2. I am sorry but I don 't intend to answer that rude letter. (NO )

3. Most people know that they quarrel violently several times a week. (KNOWLEDGE )

4. You should make an attempt to finish the work by next Monday. (EXTRA )

5. He is asking for trouble by lying to the police. (ICE )

Part III. Writing a paragraph (30 points)

The globalisation brings many advantages to nations all around the world. However, it can cause a nation to lose its national cultural identity. Write a paragraph of 150 – 180 words to suggest what young people should do to help keep their national cultural identity.

Part II. Choose the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below. (05 points )

Each correct answer gets 1, 0 marks

6. A

7. B

8. A

9. C

10. D

SECTION C – VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR (80 points)

Part I. Choose the best answer to finish each of the following questions by choosing the letter A, B, C, or D. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below . (20 points)

Each correct answer gets 1, 0 marks

1. C

2. B

3. D

4. A

5. A

6. C

7. C

8. D

9. C

10. B

11. B

12. A

13. D

14. C

15. A

16. A

17. B

18. B

19. D

20. B

Part II. Give the correct form of the verbs to finish the following sentences. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below . (20 points )

Each correct answer gets 2, 0 marks

1. Be typed, should be typed

6. To have forgotten

2. Has been caught

7. Had listened

3. Had not been

8. Are not both working

4. Having been bitten

9. Will have married/ will have been marrying

5. To be assassinated

10. Are being laid off

Part III. Give the correct form of the words to finish the sentences bellow. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below . (20 points )

1. Enthusiasm

6. Habitat

2. Dishonesty

7. Incredible

3. Deforestation

8. Widespread

4. Residential

9. Confidential

5. Discouraged

10. Breakthrough

Part IV. Find one word to fill in each blank to finish the sentences below. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below . (10 points )

1. Alternative

6. Regardless/ disregard

2. Either

7. Out

3. Mouse

8. Under

4. On

9. To

5. Not

10. Pan

PART V. The passage below contains 10 mistakes. IDENTIFY and CORRECT these ten mistakes. Write your answer on the number blanks given below. (10points)

People commonly complain they never have (0) time enough to accomplish tasks. The hours and minutes (1) seem slipping away before many planned chores get done. According to time management experts, the main (2) reason of this is that most people fail to set priorities about (3) how to do first. They get tied down (4) of trivial, time-consuming matters and never complete the important ones.

One simple solution often used by those at the top is to keep lists of task being accomplished daily. These lists order jobs from most essential to least essential and checked regularly through the day to assess progress. Not only this is an effective way to manage time, but also it serves giving individuals a much –deserved sense of satisfaction over their achievements. People do not keep lists often face the end of the work day with uncertainty over the significance of their accomplishment, which overtime can contribute with serious problem in mental and physical health.

Example: mistake: Time enough àCorrection: Enough time

Each correct answer gets 2, 0 marks (If students find out the mistake but they do not offer correct offer, they will get half of the given mark)

Mistakes

Correction

Mistakes

Correction

1. Seem slipping

seem to sleep

6. Checked regularly

are checked regularly

2. Reason of

reason for

7. This is

is this

3. How to do

what to do

8. Serves giving

serves to give

4. Of trivial

by trivial

9. People do not keep

People who don' t keep

5. Being accomplished

to be accomplished

10. Contribute with

contribute to

SECTION D – READING COMPREHENSION (40 points)

Part I. Read the passage and find ONE suitable word to fill in each blank to finish the passage. Write your answer on the numbered blanksgivenbelow . (20 points)

1. Of

6. Take

2. Than

7. Will

3. For

8. Anything/ anyone/ anybody

4. If

9. So

5. Run/face

10. Despite

Part II. Read the following passage and decide which option A, B, C, or D best fits each space. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below . ( 10 points ) :

Each correct answer gets 1, 0 mark

1. C

2. A

3. B

4. A

5. D

6. C

7. D

8. B

9. A

10. B

Part III. Read the following passage and decide which option A, B, C, or D best fits each space. Write your answer on the numbered blanks given below . ( 10 points )

Each correct answer gets 1, 0 mark

1. B

2. C

3. B

4. D

5. B

6. C

7. C

8. C

9. D

10. A

SECTION E. WRITING (50 points)

Part I. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it . (10 points)

1. He regretted not kissing/ not having kissed her good bye when she left for New York.

2. The old woman threatened to call the police if the thief didn 't leave her alone.

3. Little did Marry realize how serious her operation was.

4 . On being asked about the strike, the president declined to comment.

5. Contrary to our expectation, they were seasonal travellers.

Part II. Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it means exactly the same as the given one. Using the given word at the end of the sentence. Do not change the word. (10points)

1. Hardly had the exam results been put up when all the students rushed up to the notice board.

2. I am sorry but I have no intention of answering that rude letter.

3. It is common knowledge that they quarrel violently several times a week

4. You should go the extra mile for finishing the work by next Monday.

5. He is skating on thin ice by lying to the police

Part III. Writing a paragraph (30 points)

The globalisation brings many advantages to nations all around the world. However, it can cause a nation to lose its national cultural identity. Write a paragraph of 150 – 180 words to suggest what young people should do to help keep their national cultural identity.

1. Form: a paragraph (5 points)

+ Easy to read

+ Coherent

+ the length of the paragraph: Not too short/too long (± 20 words)

2. Content: (15 points)

+ Successful fulfillment of the task

3. Language: (10 points)

+ Appropriate vocabulary (3 points)

+ Suitable connectors (3point)

+ Correct grammar (3 points)

+ Punctuating/Spelling (1 points)

Chú ý: Tổng số điểm toàn bài là 200; kết quả làm bài thi của thí sinh được quy vềt hang điểm 20.

-THE END-

123Link - Best URL Shortener To Earn Money 2018

Love cà phê sữaTố Văn thích bài này.
    Chỉnh sửa cuối: 8 Tháng mười hai 2018
  2. Đăng ký Binance
Trả lời qua Facebook
Đang tải...