Tiếng Anh Bài đọc 4: Karina Moore - Teenage high diver

Thảo luận trong 'Ngoại Ngữ' bắt đầu bởi tientien1701, 5 Tháng tám 2021.

1. tientien1701

Bài viết:
    KARINA MOORE - TEENAGE HIGH DIVER!

Several times a week, teenage Karina Moore trains at her local pool to jump from the high-diving board into the water - in an attempt to become a national diving champion.

Karina Moore first learned about diving during a family break in Spain, where the resort's pool had a high-diving board. Young people were diving off it, and it looked fun, but Karina didn't join in, even though she was a strong swimmer. Then after returning home, she discovered a long-distance runner she'd always admired had started diving for relaxation - so she became more interested.

Karina joined a beginners's diving class at her local pool. They had several sessions jumping onto soft materials before trying the high board. "The water looked a long way down", says Karina, "but after our training, I felt I'd handle it - without injuring myself! They'd warned me I'd land in the water fast - at around 60 kph - but I was prepared. I couldn't wait to get started - although the others weren't so keen! Anyway, I wasn't disappointed by the experience".

In Karina's area, there's now lots of interest in high diving, but it's sometimes difficult for swimmers to find suitable practice facilities/ Although the pools are deep enough, they're in use so often by diving clubs thay other people don't get opportunities to practise. Fortunately, though, Karina's coach noticed her talent and helped her develop her techniques. After only two years, she's winning competitions in her area.

But what's it like to concentrate so much on diving? "I train 20 hours a week" says Karina, "and I won't pretend it's easy - you have to enjoy it to spend so much time doing it! It's not easy for my parents either, though - they drive me to training sessions early in the morning, and that costs money. But they've had finanial help from sports organisations, luckily. And my schoolwork and social life are good. I still meet my mates - and there's always the phone! The only thing I hadn't realised was that the pool water would damage my hair - I used to love my long hair, but I've had to cut it short because it looked awful! But I'll definitely keep on diving!"

Dịch

Vài lần một tuần, Karina Moore ở độ tuổi thiếu niên tập luyện tại hồ bơi địa phương của cô ấy để nhảy từ ván lặn cao xuống nước - trong nỗ lực trở thành nhà vô địch lặn quốc gia.

Karina Moore lần đầu tiên học về lặn trong một kỳ nghỉ gia đình ở Tây Ban Nha, nơi hồ bơi của khu nghỉ mát có ván lặn cao. Những người trẻ tuổi đã lặn xuống nó, và nó trông rất vui, nhưng Karina không tham gia, mặc dù cô ấy là một vận động viên bơi lội mạnh mẽ. Sau khi trở về nhà, cô phát hiện ra một vận động viên chạy đường dài mà cô luôn ngưỡng mộ đã bắt đầu lặn để thư giãn - vì vậy cô trở nên thích thú hơn.

Karina tham gia lớp học lặn dành cho người mới bắt đầu tại hồ bơi địa phương của cô ấy. Họ đã có vài buổi nhảy lên vật liệu mềm trước khi thử ván cao. Karina nói: "Nước nhìn xuống còn lâu", nhưng sau khi tập luyện, tôi cảm thấy mình sẽ xử lý được nó - mà không bị thương! Nhưng tôi đã chuẩn bị sẵn sàng. Tôi không thể chờ đợi để bắt đầu - mặc dù những người khác không quan tâm lắm! Dù sao, tôi không thất vọng vì trải nghiệm này ".

Ở khu vực của Karina, bây giờ có rất nhiều người quan tâm đến môn lặn cao, nhưng đôi khi người bơi khó tìm được cơ sở luyện tập phù hợp / Mặc dù các hồ bơi đủ sâu, chúng được sử dụng thường xuyên bởi các câu lạc bộ lặn thay vì những người khác không có cơ hội ôn luyện. May mắn thay, huấn luyện viên của Karina đã nhận thấy tài năng của cô và giúp cô phát triển kỹ thuật của mình. Chỉ sau hai năm, cô ấy đã chiến thắng các cuộc thi trong khu vực của mình.

Nhưng nó như thế nào để tập trung nhiều vào việc lặn?" Tôi tập luyện 20 giờ một tuần ", Karina nói," và tôi sẽ không giả vờ rằng nó dễ dàng - bạn phải thích thú khi dành nhiều thời gian để làm điều đó! Tuy nhiên, điều đó cũng không dễ dàng đối với cha mẹ tôi - họ đưa tôi đến các buổi tập vào sáng sớm và điều đó tốn tiền. Nhưng may mắn thay, họ đã nhận được sự giúp đỡ tài chính từ các tổ chức thể thao. Và công việc học tập và cuộc sống xã hội của tôi đều tốt. Tôi vẫn gặp gỡ bạn bè của mình - và luôn có điện thoại! Thứ duy nhất tôi có ' Tôi không nhận ra rằng nước hồ bơi sẽ làm hỏng tóc của tôi - Tôi đã từng thích mái tóc dài của mình, nhưng tôi đã phải cắt ngắn vì nó trông rất kinh khủng! Nhưng tôi chắc chắn sẽ tiếp tục lặn!"

1. What made Karina keen to take up diving?

A. She wanted to repeat her holiday experience.

B. She found out her athletics hero had taken it up.

C. She's visited a pool where some teenagers were doing it.

D. She wanted a new challenge after her success at swimming.

2. How did Karina feel the first time she used high board?

A. Worried about how far it was above the pool.

B. Pleased to experience it with other beginners.

C. Confident thhat she wouldn't get hurt.

D. Shocked to hit the water at such speed.

3. What does the writer suggest about diving facilities in Karina's area?

A. They're not used as much as they could be.

B. They aren't enough coaches teaching people to use them,

C. They aren't as many boards as there used to be.

D. They're not available to the public for long enough each day.

4. How does Karina feel about spending so much time diving?

A. Surprised by one effect it has had on her.

B. Sorry she no longer sees her friends so much.

C. Anxious about the amount of money it costs.

D. Grateful to be able to focus on something she loves.

5. What would the writer say about Karina?

A. She's a young girl who's achieved a lot by becoming a national diving champion - and all with very little support.

B. She's made enormous rogress in a very short time - after only a couple of years, she's already showing great signs of success.

C. She has a lot of natural talent, but she's already thinking of having a break from the high board for a while.

D. She's sad that she's given up almost everything for her sport - and her lifestyle really sounds quite hard.

Nguồn: Sưu tầm

Admin, MỘNG ĐIỆP HOÀNGJohanna thích bài này.
  2. Đăng ký Binance
Từ Khóa:
Trả lời qua Facebook
Đang tải...